Intrust Super ‘SuperBoring’ Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these terms and conditions. Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions is invalid.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents who are investing in an Australian superannuation fund.
3. Employees, managers and directors of the Promoter (Intrust Super), its related corporate bodies and their suppliers, and agencies involved in this promotion are not eligible to enter this promotion, nor are their immediate families.
4. By participating in the promotion, entrants acknowledge that they have read and understood these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them. Entries must comply with these terms and conditions to be valid.
5. The promotion commences on 7 May 2012 at 12:00am Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) and closes on 7 August 2012 at 11.59 pm AEST ( Promotional Period).
6. To enter the competition, entrants must visit the promotional website (www.superboring.com.au) and perform the following steps:
a. Produce an original GIF using the SUPERBORING GIF maker.
b. Share the GIF and acquire votes.
c. Complete one of four ‘sort your super’ options.
7. Entrants can use any software or skill set they like to manipulate images prior to uploading them to the SUPERBORING GIF maker. However, only GIFs produced using one of the two SUPERBORING GIF maker options (web tool or mobile app) are eligible for the competition. i.e. GIFs created using alternative software or web applications will not be accepted into the competition.
8. The minimum number of images required to produce a GIF is two. The maximum number of images allowed on the SUPERBORING GIF maker is 15. No responsibility is taken for incomplete GIFs due to image quantity errors.
9. The GIF maker can accept images up to 5MB. Images larger than this may not be imported. No responsibility is taken for incomplete GIFs due to file size errors.
10. Entrants can create and enter multiple GIFs (no maximum number); however all GIFs/entries must be made under the one email/entrant details. The Promotor retains the right to moderate usage (production of multiple GIFs by individual users) to maintain quality and performance standards if required.
11. Entrants are fully responsible for the content they submit. Images used to create GIFs must be the property of the entrant and must not breach Australian copyright law. The Promoter reserves the right to remove entries that breach Australian copyright law and disqualify the entry and/or entrant.
12. Entrants are fully responsible for the content they submit i.e. nothing defamatory; obscene; derogatory; pornographic; sexually inappropriate; violent; abusive; harassing; threatening; objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender; not suitable for children aged under 15; or otherwise unsuitable for publication. The Promoter reserves the right to remove entries and disqualify the entry and/or entrant.
13. The placement of GIFs on the top (or opening browser) of the SUPERBORING site will be governed by an algorithm designed and developed by the Promoter. This is at the absolute discretion of the Promoter.
14. The Promoter may share individual GIFs via social media channels for the purpose of promoting the competition. This is at the absolute discretion of the Promoter.
15. Mobile device compatibility details:
a. The SUPERBORING mobile app has been optimised for Android using the following minimum requirements:
· ARMv7 processor with vector FPU, minimum 550MHz, Open GL ES 2.0, H.264 and AAC HW decoders
b. The SUPERBORING mobile app has been optimised for iPhone using the following minimum requirements:
16. This competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining winning entries.
17. In weeks 2, 5 and 9 of the Promotional Period, the 10 GIFs with the most votes will be put forward to a panel of judges to select four (4) Minor Prize Winners for each week. Entrants are allowed to have more than one GIF in the top 10. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Minor Prize Winners will be chosen on 25 May 2012 (for Week 2 Minor Prize Winners), 15 June 2012 (for Week 5 Minor Prize Winners) and 13 July 2012 (for Week 9 Minor Prize Winners) and winners will be notified in accordance with clause 23.
18. The top 20 individual GIFs with the most votes at the close of the competition (7 August 2012 at 11.59pm AEST) will be put forward to a panel of judges to select one (1) Major Prize Winner and three (3) Runner-Up Prize Winners. Entrants are allowed to have more than one GIF in the top 20. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Major Prize Winner and three Runner-Up Prize Winners will be chosen on 31 August 2012 and winners will be notified in accordance with clause 23.
19. Votes for multiple GIFs made by the same entrant will not be aggregated (i.e. the finalists are made up of entrants who submitted single GIFs with the most votes rather than entrants who received the most votes for their combined GIFs).
20. Voting and sharing is open to everyone based on the Promoter’s eligibility policy. Entrants must have a compatible device and must supply valid personal details.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to remove or disqualify instances of vote falsification, stacking or manufacturing.
22. To be eligible for the Major Prize and Runner-Up Prizes, the entrant must have completed the applicable ‘sort your super’ option and finalised the paperwork by the date the competition closes and the winning GIF is identified. Failure to complete the selected ‘sort your super’ option to the satisfaction of the Promoter by the close of the Promotional Period (7 August 2012 at 11.59pm) will result in the entitlement to the Prize being forfeited and the selection of another winner. This is at the absolute discretion of the Promoter.
23. Winners will be notified by phone or by using the email address they nominated when they submitted their GIF (unless the entrant has notified the Promoter of a change to their contact details in accordance with clause 24 by the applicable date the winners are chosen).
24. If an entrant’s contact details change during the Promotional Period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter in writing.
25. The Promoter will use all reasonable efforts to contact an entrant selected as a winner by phone or email or any other contact details we have on file, but accepts no responsibility if an entrant cannot be contacted. An entrant who can’t be contacted within 30 days of the close of the Promotional Period will forfeit the prize in its entirety.
26. The Minor Prize Winners chosen in weeks 2, 5 and 9 of the Promotional Period will win an Apple iTunes voucher valued at $100 each. Total minor prize pool = $1,200 (including GST).
27. The three Runner-Up Prize Winners will win a 16GB Apple New iPad with Wi-Fi valued at $539 each. Total runner-up prize pool = $1,617 (including GST).
28. The Major Prize Winner will win their choice of one of the following three prizes (Major Prize). The remaining two (2) prizes will not be awarded to any entrant.
a. Prize 1: New York Fashion Week Experience – 7-14 February 2013.
· Two (2) return economy airfares (including flight associated taxes) from the Winner’s nearest Australian Capital City to New York.
· Three (3) nights’ accommodation in a first class hotel in New York (based on double room occupancy) including breakfast daily.
· Two (2) x tickets to attend a designer fashion show at New York Fashion Week (NYFW).
· Two (2) x VIP access passes to an exclusive Fashion Week After-Party.
· One (1) dinner for two (2) at a celebrity-frequented New York restaurant.
· Private sedan transfers for return transportation airport to hotel in New York and to NYFW show.
· Total maximum value of Prize 1 is $30,400 (including GST).
b. Prize 2: Coachella Festival Experience – 12-14 or 19-22 April 2013
· Two (2) return Economy airfares (including flight associated taxes) from the Winner’s nearest Australian Capital City to Los Angeles.
· Two (2) x three (3)-day VIP festival passes to one of the Coachella weekends.
· Two (2) VIP passes to the artists’ backstage compound.
· Two (2) nights’ luxury safari tent accommodation on site for two (2) people.
· Private return transfers from LA airport to the Coachella festival.
· Total maximum value of Prize 2 is $36,300 (including GST).
c. Prize 3: Party & Play in the USA Experience 2013 – fulfilment date at winner’s choice
· Two return Economy airfares (including flight associated taxes) from the Winner’s nearest Australian Capital to Los Angeles.
· Six (6) nights’ first class accommodation (based on double occupancy) including breakfast daily – two (2) nights in each city.
· Two (2) VIP tickets to a sporting event in New York.
· Three (3) dinners for two (2) at a celebrity-frequented restaurant in each city – one (1) dinner in each city.
· Private sedan for return transportation to and from airports and hotels in US.
· Internal US flights for two (2) from LA to Las Vegas, Las Vegas to New York and New York to LA.
· Total maximum value of Prize 3 is $39,950 (including GST).
Total major prize pool = up to $39,950 (including GST).
Prize Terms and Conditions
29. If the Major Prize Winner is under the age of 18 and chooses Prize 1 (New York Fashion Week) or Prize 2 (Coachella Festival), their travel companion must be their parent or legal guardian. Only entrants aged 21 or above will be able to choose Prize 3 (Party & Play in the USA Experience). The Major Prize Winner and their companion must be available to travel on the travel dates specified in clause 28 for the Major Prize they choose.
30. All Prize items are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variations in item values. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize, or any element of it, as stated, including denial of entry into the country included in the Prize or any other country. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes in whole or in part for something of equal or greater value if any component of the prize is unavailable (subject to any applicable legislation). Prizes are not transferable, deferrable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash or product.
31. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as Prizes.
32. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from acceptance by a winner of a prize. Entrants should seek their own independent financial advice.
33. The airfare elements of the Major Prize will be purchased by the Agent of the Promoter and will be subject to the conditions of the participating airline. The Major Prize Winner and their companion will not accrue Frequent Flyer points on the prize travel. Upgrades cannot be purchased using the major prize winner’s frequent flyer points.
34. Airline tickets for both people for the Major Prize must be redeemed at the same time, for the same flights, travelling to and from the same locations. If the Major Prize Winner is unable to use both tickets at the same time they will forfeit the additional ticket and no compensation will be given in lieu. Any changes or costs incurred once the tickets have been issued will be the sole responsibility of the Major Prize Winner.
35. Any additional costs associated with Major Prize fulfilment, including but not limited to passports, visas, meals (other than those included as part of the prize), taxes (other than those included in the price of the airfares), spending money or any other costs of a personal nature that are not included as part of the prize, are the sole responsibility of the Major Prize Winner. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the Major Prize Winner and their companion. Major Prize travel is subject to the General Conditions of Carriage of the applicable airline. It is the responsibility of the Major Prize Winner to check with the Department of Foreign Affairs regarding possible Travel Warnings to a Country or Countries they and their travel companion will be travelling to.
36. It is the sole responsibility of the Major Prize Winner to ensure they and their companion have a valid passport with a minimum 6 months validity and that they qualify for the US visa waiver program.
37. The Major Prize Winner may be required to present a credit card at the time of accommodation check-in.
38. Prizes will only be delivered to addresses in Australia. Prizes will be sent to the winner's postal address by Australia Post or a courier nominated by the Promoter from the Promoter's head office. The winner will need to advise the Promoter of their postal address in writing when they are notified that they have won. Winners should allow at least 28 days from the prize draw for delivery of their prize. Once prizes have left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
39. The Major Prize Winner and their guest may be required to sign a liability waiver form to receive the Prize. Failure to sign the liability waiver may result in the Major Prize Winner forfeiting the Prize.
40. Winners accept the prize at their own risk. None of the Promoter, its related bodies corporate or any of their employees, contractors and agents (or employees of their contractors and agents) will be liable for any liability, loss, damage or expense (including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss or loss of profits), or death or personal injury, suffered or incurred (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) arising out of, or in connection with, this promotion, the provision of the prizes, use or participation in the prizes or marketing of this promotion, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
Ownership of entries
41. All entries and their GIF(s) (and the intellectual property rights therein) become and remain the property of the Promoter and are hereby assigned to the Promoter absolutely as sole and exclusive owner. The owner of any copyright in a GIF consents to any use of the GIF which may otherwise infringe the owner’s moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
42. Entrants acknowledge and agree that their entry (namely their name and GIF) may be published by the Promoter on the Promotional Website for promotional purposes. Entrants also acknowledge and agree that their entry (namely their name and GIF) may be shared by the public via email, Facebook and Twitter.
43. The Promoter reserves the right to use entrants’ GIFs for the purpose of future promotions.
44. The entries and GIF(s) may also be used by the Promoter’s agencies associated with this competition in submissions for industry awards.
Other Terms and Conditions
45. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entries in its absolute discretion. For example, the Promoter may disqualify: (a) any entrants that tamper with, or attempt to tamper with the entry process; (b) any entrants that contravene an applicable law or infringe any third party's rights in connection with this promotion; and (c) any entries that the Promoter considers inappropriate for any reason.
46. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and the details provided by entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant whose entry is not in accordance with these terms and conditions. The identification necessary for verification is at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
47. All entrants acknowledge that the Promoter can rely on these Terms and Conditions even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility to enter after the Promoter has awarded a Prize to the ineligible person. Return of a Prize or payment of its equivalent value to the Promoter can be required by the Promoter if this occurs.
48. Entrants' personal information is collected by the Promoter, and may be disclosed to the Promoter's contractors and agents (including without limitation marketing and promotional agencies, information technology providers and database service providers) and related bodies corporate (some of which may be located overseas) to conduct, administer and publicise this Promotion.
49. All entrants who are selected as winners must agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize. Each winner may be required by the Promoter to participate in a photo, video and/or film session, and other interviews, and each winner acknowledges that the Promoter or any appointed third party agency has the right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium (including, without limitation, the internet) and in any reasonable manner it sees fit.
51. Each entrant must comply with these Terms and Conditions. Each entrant indemnifies and will keep indemnified the Promoter in relation to all loss and damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) by the Promoter as a direct or indirect result of the entrant acting inconsistently with or breaching any part of these Terms and Conditions.
52. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a mobile network, or any combination of these, or any other technical failures related to, or resulting from, participation in this Promotion.
53. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including as a result of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, safety or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, subject to any applicable legislation.
54. The Promoter’s decision on all aspects relating to this Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
55. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or the information on a website, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this competition, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
56. Apple is not a participant in or a sponsor of this promotion.
57. The information provided within an entry (including the entrant’s full name, age, telephone number and email address) are provided to the Promoter and will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this competition. While this competition may be advertised on Facebook, the content is not being provided to Facebook.
58. The Promoter may disclose winners’ and the winners’ guests’ personal information to staff, contractors and agents for the purposes of prize fulfilment and to assist in conducting this competition, and to communicate with entrants for the purposes of this competition.
59. The Promoter may use the personal information of entrants that have ‘opted-in’ for the purposes of promotional and marketing activities (including future promotions and marketing activities), including electronic direct marketing.
60. The Promoter is bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Entrants can access their personal information by contacting the Promoter’s Privacy Officers at the Promoter’s address below.
61. The Promoter is IS Industry Fund Pty Ltd (ABN 45 010 874 623 AFSL 238051 RSE Licence L0001298) as Trustee of Intrust Super (ABN 65 704 511 371 RSE Registration R1004397 SPIN HPP0100AU. The address of the Promoter is Intrust Super, Level 15, 324 Queen St, Brisbane QLD 4000. Phone: 132 467, Fax: 1800 603 234.
The Promoter is not responsible for any of the actions taken by participants in this promotion and has not taken into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. You should obtain financial advice tailored to your own personal circumstances before deciding to participate in the promotion and before selecting any of the four ‘sort your super’ options.
Trustee: IS Industry Fund Pty Ltd | ABN: 45 010 814 623 | AFSL No: 238051 | RSE License No: L0001298 | RSE Registration No: R1004397